Single stem Large round draping leaves?

by Carolyn
(Shelby, Alabama)

Large plant with Large round draping leaves

Hi Carolyn, this is an odd looking thing, for sure - but it's quite pretty.

I'm wondering if it could be Kalanchoe thyrsiflora, also known as the Flapjack plant - there seem to be several different forms, some with more 'bloom' on them than others, and some with rounded rather than heart shaped leaves.

There is also another closely related species, Kalanchoe luciae, which is sometimes called Flapjacks or Paddle Plant as well.

They are also called Desert Cabbage; it's easy to see why!

Have a look on this page to see if any of those look close: Kalanchoe thyrsiflora - scroll down to the bottom and look through other visitors submissions.

Best of luck with your graceful alien plant!

Comments for Single stem Large round draping leaves?

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 05, 2014
Flapjack kolanchoe withdrooping leaves
by: Anonymous

Your plant looks just like the flapjack kolanchoe I bought several months ago - all the other photos I've seen show this variety with the leaves facing upward. Not sure why ours have droopy leaves.

Feb 12, 2014
by: Coos2View

Looks to me like a Kalanchoe Flapjack, too!
Is it getting adequate light? It looks like it's stretching.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Kalanchoe thyrsiflora.