Pink princess philodendron stump recovery
This it the remainder of my first pink princess philodendron. I have propagated all the other nodes in February and left this stump in the soil hoping it would come back.
It hasn’t done much and since the roots have decayed. I want to bring this wet stick back to life but I’m unsure whether there is any hope at this point. However I love a challenge and I want to bring her back!
This is what I have done so far and what I intend on doing, please share your suggestions 🙂:
- I took it out of the substrate, and thoroughly rinsed the roots.
- I pulled the dead, mushy roots. There are still some ”hairy-looking” roots that were the inside of the previous roots. Let me know if I should cut those as well 🤔.
- I thought about sprinkling some cinnamon on the roots since it is fungicide.
- I want to put the whole thing in some moist sphagnum moss with a tiny bit of worm castings and, maybe, some mycorrhiza (I heard/read somewhere that they aid in plant recovery? Please let me know if this is untrue or would be unnecessary/detrimental)
- then I will put it in a clear plastic cup and cover it with cling film to maintain the humidity.
- it will go to my rehab room, which is literally my boiler room with some grow lights, so it will be kept warm, moist, and will have light as well.
Is there anything else you would suggest? I’m out of hydroxide peroxide or physan20 so I don’t know if I should maybe sanitise the whole thing any other type of way?
I would love to hear your suggestions 🙂