Is this poisonous?

I have Berries falling from a tree/bush that my dogs are eating. I am new to CA and need to know if they are dangerous to them. I have received conflicting stories.

Comments for Is this poisonous?

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 27, 2020
by: Jacki Cammidge, Certified Horticulturist

I don't know what the plant is, sorry. However, I would say that it's never a good idea to allow dogs to eat any kind of berries. If possible,keep your pooches away from the berries by fencing it off, or cutting and disposing of them before they can eat them.

I would attempt to find out what the plant is, in the meantime. It could be that they're harmless (in small quantities). Take a piece of it to your local extension office - they might be able to identify it.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask the Horticulturist.