Poisonous or Not?

by Robert J Lockart
(Lawton, Oklahoma)


I was sitting on my couch here in South Western Oklahoma about 8 pm and it was fairly dim lighted. I put my arm up on the arm rest of the couch and I felt a sharp little sting, just shy of a tiny bee sting. I looked down and saw this spider you see in the pick. Please can someone tell me what kind of spider it is and if whether or not it is poisonous. Thanks

Hi Robert, I don't recognize that particular spider as one that is known to be poisonous around here, but I have no idea about spiders in Oklahoma. You may want to get medical treatment for it, regardless. Take the spider with you and get to the emergency room.

Sometimes spider bites can cause necrotizing fasciatis, or flesh eating disease due to the toxin, and at the very least, a good welt which in some people can be intensely itchy.

Hope that helps,
Jacki

Click here to post comments

Return to Spider Identification.

Want your succulents to survive the winter?  Learn how to bring them indoors and be happy and healthy with this free e-course;  Fill in your name and email address on the form below to enroll!

Winterizing Succulents E-Course

Winterizing Succulents E-Course - click here to sign up...

How can I keep my Succulents happy for the winter? Find out here!

Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in.
 

Please enter the word that you see below.

  










Custom Search