Baby just ate a leaf





Just wondering if this is poisonous

This is some type of Echeveria or Sedum, which are not known as a poisonous succulent - however, it's not recommended that babies or pets eat them - if your child is a toddler, it's best to keep them apart by putting a bird cage over the plant, make sure any fallen leaves are moved immediately and watchfulness. It's the shape and texture of the leaves that are so appealing!

If you're at all concerned, please don't hesitate to take your little one to the emergency room - take the plant with you. They will most likely make the child vomit, an unpleasant but necessary treatment for possible poisoning cases.

Best of luck!
Jacki


Comments for Baby just ate a leaf

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 17, 2013
Thaank you!
by: Anonymous

Hi Jacki-

Thanks for your expert eye, I couldn't find this exact type anywhere, so I wasn't sure! I definitely took precautions, so no worries there!

Thanks again,

Kimberly

Kimberly, glad things worked out okay! Thanks for the update.
Jacki

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Poisonous Plants.

Want your succulents to survive the winter?  Learn how to bring them indoors and be happy and healthy with this free e-course;  Fill in your name and email address on the form below to enroll!

Winterizing Succulents E-Course

Winterizing Succulents E-Course - click here to sign up...

How can I keep my Succulents happy for the winter? Find out here!

Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in.
 

Please enter the word that you see below.

  









Custom Search